10 Year Warranty
The Sleepy® Original and Sleepy® Uni mattress
guarantee durability. All materials have been carefully chosen and selected for their quality. The mattress meets all strict European quality requirements. To prove its durability, we give you a 10-year warranty!
This guarantee starts at the time of delivery and covers all hidden manufacturing faults and defective materials.
During the first and second year, the guarantee is complete and covers all repair or replacement costs and transport*. After that, a reduction in value due to use is taken into account.
The condition is that the product is undamaged, without signs of use.
- During the first 2 years 100% of the value
- From 2 to 3 years 70% of the value
- From 4 to 5 years 50% of the value
- From 6 to 8 years 30% of the value
- From 9 to 10 years 20% of the value
Sleepy® offers a 2-year warranty on the mattress cover and quilting materials.
You cannot claim the warranty if there are faults due to:
- Incorrect use or treatment of the mattress or base
- Wear and tear or discolouration of upholstery fabrics and yarns
- Urine, blood or other visible soiling
- Use of the mattress or base in an insufficiently ventilated or humid area, leading to the formation of mould
- Use of the mattress on an unadjusted or poorly positioned base
The mattress can lose up to 15% in height or 20% in firmness over time. Through use, quilted materials in the mattress cover can be permanently compressed by up to 65% of their initial thickness. Naturally, these normal changes are not covered by the guarantee. No guarantee can subsequently be provided for visible defects that were detected when you received your mattress or base.
If your mattress or base needs to be replaced or repaired, the guarantee period will not be extended.
If you think you can make a claim under the guarantee, please contact customer services on 09/258 24 00 or [email protected]. Do not forget your purchase receipt and any photographic evidence.
*However, if the repair or replacement is impossible or disproportionate to the value of the item, an alternative remedy may be offered such as replacement with a similar item or a voucher.